A 12-Credit Online Graduate Certificate Program for Professionals
The University of Connecticut’s (UConn) Puppet Arts program is the premier puppetry program in the United States. To share that expertise UConn’s School of Fine Arts, Department of Dramatic Arts, is offering a Puppet Arts Online Graduate Certificate that applies the art of puppetry to a wide range of professions, including visual and dramatic artists, teachers in formal and non-formal educational settings, recreation directors, and media and marketing specialists.
The Puppet Arts Online Graduate Certificate provides students with hands-on skills and experience constructing puppets, designing and directing a puppet production and applying puppet arts to a wide range of disciplines and professions. Opportunities for students to apply and share their learnings to discipline-specific applications – whether they are artists, educators, marketing artists, or other professionals – are provided throughout each course.
Students will learn how to:
- Examine the essence and scope of Puppetry as an art form.
- Develop and practice skills in constructing puppets from a variety of materials.
- Design and direct a complete puppet production.
- Apply the art of puppetry to the student’s unique field of interest.
- Practice and develop critical skills in evaluation.
This program can be completed in 17 months.
We are now accepting applications for the summer 2017 semester. Apply early to avoid last minute processing delays.